Saturday, September 8, 2012

Buttermilk Biscuits

Well today is Saturday, family fun. My dad & I made lima beans so I decided I wanted biscuits.

I did a search on Allrecipes.com and found a recipe for Kentucky Biscuits, awesome recipes, but I of course made some changes.

2 c unbleached all purpose flour
2 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t kosher salt
2 1/2 Tb sugar
1/2 c butter, cold (one stick of butter, cut into squares)
3/4 c buttermilk

1. Mix dry ingredients together in mixing bowl
2. Cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse cornmeal
3. Add buttermilk and mix
4. Turn biscuit mix onto floured surface and knead for two min
5. Roll into square (6x6 according to original directions), cut into 12 squares (do not separate), bake in preheated 400*F oven for 15 min
**I cut rounds and didnt separate them, awesome effect baked!
Can be served warm with butter, jam, or honey, yummy

I hope you enjoy your Saturday. Happy eating...

Jae

*original recipe is Kentucky biscuits from allrecipes.com
**I adapted only the amount of sugar, i like them a bit sweeter, but i think i will try other variations on this basic recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment