Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Art of Cheesecake

Well, I've owed my niece a cheesecake for as long as I can remember. She still loves me.

But its time for me to pay the piper and I decided to write my blog about the wonderful dessert called cheesecake.

Baking cheesecake is as delicate and tempermental as baking a cake. Science at its finest.

Started by creaming 24 oz cream cheese with 3/4 c of sugar. Stop a few times, scrape down the bowl, you want to make sure everything is incorporated well.
Add 3 eggs, one at a time, speed on very slow (dont want to incorporate too much air). Take time to scrape down bowl. You want these eggs incorporated fully.

Usually like to let batter sit overnight to let air bubble escape, but you can tap the pan to release some bubbles. Ideally you want to use a water bath for even cooking, since i dont have a pan large enough, I use a pan filled with water as an assistant.
Cook for 55 min or until set.
Let cool in pan for 20 min or more.

Refrigerate overnight or eat... I love it cold or warm.

Recipe for graham cracker crust:
1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
1/3 c butter
3 T sugar

Melt butter and mix all three ingredients, press into pan.


I hope you enjoy.

Love lots,
Jae

No comments:

Post a Comment