Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Batman, duh na na na na na na na, BATMAN!!!!

Well to date, this has been one of the most fun cakes to make...


I mean, who doesn't like Batman... No offense to the Superman fans out there, lol.

I got inspiration for this cake from a black & white Batman cake I saw on Pinterest. Noted differences, this cake has splashes of color, lol and it isnt covered in fondant like the inspiration piece.

The birthday girl loved the design! Especially since it was a combination of Batman and art! I cannot explain how excited I was to make this cake.


The figurines were gumpaste. Hand painted and drawn.




This was so fun for me even though I had several no sleep moments, worried that the gum paste wouldn't dry. Lol, I'm always a bundle of nerves on cakes.


But all the decorations all turned out great... I was so pleased and hoped the birthday girl would to.


The cake was vanilla rum cake, filled with pineapple curd and covered with vanilla Italian Meringue Butter cream. This cake combination is because the birthday girl's favorite cake is pineapple upside down cake. So it was recreated in the combo.


I'm glad for this experience because it showed me that my skills are growing. That's always fun to learn, ^_^


And besides, like i said, who doesn't like Batman, lol...




Well until next cake...

Love,
Jae

No comments:

Post a Comment