Saturday, September 13, 2014

First Gravity Cake

My first gravity defying cake!!!!!  Wow it was an experience and I earned some confidence in my skills.

The cake is actually two weeks overdue for the person it was initially intended for so it became a combination cake.  Birthday cake/Honoring Passed Loved One's Birthday.  The cake was carrot cake with cream cheese icing, vanilla IMBC and vanilla fondant.

The process was pretty cool, I watched a couple of YouTube videos to get myself prepped.  

I went from a mug design to a plastic red cup design in honor of my deceased friend.  It was a small inside joke we had and I used that as a catalyst for my design.  My dad's favorite beer is Icehouse, so I had him save a can to use with the cake.

After a couple hours working on it, I was finished and boy was I smiling.  My sister approved, my baby cousin approved, my dad was like wow!!!!

Winner, winner.  I can't wait to make another one... Any Takers????

Well, have a great cake day... on to the next cake...

Love you,

Jae

No comments:

Post a Comment