So every now and again, I challenge my daughter's to try a new flavor. So for snack we are trying the white chocolate cranberry muffin, especially since I had some craisins lying around.
I hope they will love them because they smell absolutely delish!
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup white chocolate chips
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk (can used reduced fat-2%)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
Yield two dozen muffins
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 24 muffin cups (or use cup cake liners)
2. Mix berries and white chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon flour, set aside.
3. Combine remaining flour, whole wheat flour, sugar and salt in large mixing bowl.
4. Mix egg, milk, butter in another bowl. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients until just combined (important to not over mix). Gently fold in berries.
5. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake muffins until golden brown, 18-20 minutes.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. Serve warm or cool.