Saturday, March 7, 2015

First cake collaboration

So, I'd never been in a cake collaboration before...

Thought they were cool, so was so excited when I was able to join one...
My first cake collaboration was Happy Chinese New Year!!!

My challenge was to actually pick a design. I knew that I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and do figurine work, but I didn't do what I normally do, which is commit a design to paper, eh, what a mistake that was...

Lesson learned!!!  The cake turned out ok, but I felt it was rushed 😢

But the great thing is, now I know and can move forward to the next one with a better vision of what I have to do!!!

Love life lessons so that was a great one!!!

The cake was chocolate with chocolate IMBC, vanilla fondant lettering and the goat/ram was made from fondant.

I'm happy it didn't look horrible, but next year, I'm going for the wow!!!!

Until next time,

Jae

No comments:

Post a Comment