Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Donut Slider

Well among the amazing things that get done in my new circle of things to do that I enjoy is now starting new trends.

Chef Carter is so much fun to work with.  He saw an Oreo taco on Pinterest today, so he decided (with me and Chef Ashley's enabling) to make a donut slider...

YES, a dessert that looks like a real hamburger.  I was awesome.  Since we make in-house donuts, this part was fairly easy... I made these awesome Kahlua stuffed marshmallows today, which were chocolate chocolate chip marshmallows stuffed with Kahlua ganache (sidenote, they were so cool and turned out even better than the marshmallows from last week, I was uber excited!) which served as the burger... the tomatoes were red velvet cake... the lettuce, green tinted coconut...
The Donut Slider

It looks amazingly like a real burger...

Great day!!!!

To say instant amazing is an understatement.  The heat from the donut made the marshmallow melt slightly so it looks like the burger is covered in sauce... you guys know I know food that looks like one thing ans id something else... it is up there on the coolness factor for me.

I love my bosses...

So anyway, enjoy your weekend... I'm busy all weekend.  Love you lots and keep cooking...
Jae

No comments:

Post a Comment