Morning, today I vamped an old blueberry muffin recipe, adding whole wheat and mixing up different berries. Kids love them and I'm happy with that.
Fresh whole wheat berry muffins
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, cranberries)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided (one tablespoon out, then rest)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk (can used reduced fat-2%)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
Yield one dozen muffins
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 12 muffin cups (or use cup cake liners)
2. Mix berries with 1 tablespoon flour, set aside.
3. Combine remaining flour, while wheat flour, sugar and salt in large mixing bowl.
4. Mix egg, milk, butter in another bowl. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients until just combined (important to not over mix). Gently fold in berries.
5. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake muffins until golden brown, 18-20 minutes.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. Serve warm or cool.
Jae P hint: ensure the berries are dry when used to ensure they don't discolor your batter
Have a great one!'