Friday, July 6, 2012

Making Tomato Sauce

I've always loved tomato sauce. Since fundamentals, I've been making it from scratch. It is easy and it is more delicious than anything bought out of the store.
I've been playing with the recipe, so I won't post it now, but the pictures are priceless.

Start with mirepoix (without celery, I don't like that flavor), sweat until clear

For this version, I added mushrooms

Add tomato paste and pince (cook until the sweet smell comes and paste turns darker)

Add diced tomatoes, red wine and chicken stock (unsalted), Italian herbs (your choice)

Simmer until reduced

I usually at this step, puree the sauce, you can skip if you want

Season to taste

Pair with your favorite pasta!

You can add meat if you want (I like to not, lol)

Enjoy!!!

More pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment